Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Friday, February 19, 2010

Special Entry 63: Nick -Crystal-

"I'm sorry."

I was floating in blackness, completely alone.

"Really. But it had to be this way."

Well, maybe not completely alone. Nick was floating nearby, apologizing.

"I'm dead?"

"I'm sorry."

I felt the tears come. Could the dead cry? I knew this would happen eventually, but I'm not ready. I'm only seven. I haven't done things that I've always wanted. Stupid disease, stupid zombie with an axe; stupid Nick.

"It's your fault! All your fault!", I swung at him with my foot, but it swiped straight through him. I was bawling now. I wasn't ready. I wanted to make a splash. I wanted to grow up.

"You can not rest yet, Crystal.", Nick looked incredibly sad, "Your life is going to be very difficult from here on. How ever, you must remember some things. Remember your youth, remember your innocence and please, don't think I wanted things this way."

I was now very, very confused, "What? What are you talking about?"

Nick smiled, "You're going back. They need you down there now and they need your humanity later. You will keep them straight when they would go astray."

"Who are you? Are you dead?"

Nick laughed and smiled, "You will meet me again soon. No, I'm not dead."

"And neither-", The blackness slowly faded away, "are you."



No comments:

Post a Comment