Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Friday, February 19, 2010

Entry 58: Illusions -Ben-

Turning to Carl, I pretended to look at my book as though deeply engrossed in to what it had to say. For dramatic effect, I stopped and stared for a few moments at the words on the page.

"I know what we need to do.", I tried to sound sincere.

Carl was instantly interested. He stood and walked over to read the page over my shoulder.

Now all I had to do was sell my lie. "These herbs it refers to, I think- I think I may have picked them off the cave floor. If we could get these and return them-"

"Tell me you have them on you, Ben." Carl sounded desperate.

"They're in my bag downstairs in the living room." Before I had finished, Carl had started out the window. "Save your brother first. That little girl is going to need help."

Carl nodded as he disappeared out of sight. I turned to Jay and frowned, "So where are the herbs, really?"

Jay face took on an angry look but he remained silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment