Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Entry 86: Disguise -Nick-

I couldn't see any other way out of this. Everything must go. I chuckled a bit as I tossed the dust into the semi-circle of runes and symbols.

I would miss the children, but that wouldn't last long. The spell would soon wipe even that memory clean. I would have to learn everything again; start from scratch. I smiled to myself as I remembered back when I had been nineteen. I enjoyed those times. It'd be good to live them again. This time I could do some good; make some different decisions.

Nineteen. I had just started learning real magic. Not the normal parlor tricks, but real supernatural magic. It'd be hard but I could help them still. Maybe avert the coming crisis. I couldn't do that if I was dead, and I had all ready prepared a protector for Crystal by botching up that resurrection spell. That was an intuitive way to use failure.

Using spells in unusual but effective ways was what I was known for. Something I'd been proud of all my life. My name instilled fear in to peoples hearts, but not for long. Soon I'd be ordinary Nicholas Brown.

I placed my hand into the dust and felt the magic flow in to me. This would keep my memories alive long enough for me to escape with my life. After that, I'd be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment