Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Monday, March 29, 2010

Entry 94: Saba's Choice -Saba-

I could still feel that strong power coming off of her, but it had significantly lowered. It was no longer overwhelming my senses to be near her. Even as we both walked up the massive double doors of the mansion, I was slowly beginning to feel more comfortable being around the "aura" she gave off.

Why I had brought her here, I didn't know. I wanted to escape and I'd done that. I could have just killed her and get it over with.

Glancing over at Crystal, I notice her solid gaze on the doors. Seeing someone like her be so serious is kind of scary. Had fear stopped me? No. I'm not scared of her. It's something else. A kind of respect for someone who has dedicated themselves to something. She released me, a very dangerous prisoner, just to figure out some answers. Not the best idea, but she was willing to risk it.

The doors opened as we walked up, and the person who came out made both Crystal and I step back in shock. From her long black hair to her olive colored skin, she was an exact copy of me. I had just walked out of the building in front of me.

"Of all the things I was thinking could happen," Crystal pointed at my perfect copy, "I wasn't expecting that."

"Why are you alive?", the other Saba glared at me with disgust, "I thought Patrick killed all the failed versions."

Crystal glanced at me and then at the new Saba, "I am so confused. I'm looking for Nick. Is he here?"

"No, but that isn't your concern right now.", the air began to get heavy as the other me looked at me, "Right now you have to worry about me. You're evidence that was supposed to be destroyed."

As much as I hated Crystal, this person who had my face was insulting my strength. To think I'd have to worry about her at all! I'll crush her swiftly and then eat her entrails for dinner.

"Crystal, I hate to say this, but you should keep looking for Nick. I'll take care of this."

A glance to my left showed Crystal unmoving, "I'm not going to leave you behind," she looks at me and smiles, "It's kinda my fault we're in this mess anyway."

Something about her smile just pissed me off. I was sure exactly why but, it made me feel . . . happy. I don't like being happy.

I would remind myself later to remove that part of her first. Right now, I have to take care of an over-confident mimic.

No comments:

Post a Comment