Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

168: Abhorian -Carl-

I'd never in my life seen anything like what had come through the door. In my time I'd faced against giant crabs, the ghost of a doll, and a swarm of zombie children, but I'd never seen something like this.

As the smoke from the remains of the door faded, I found myself looking at a very tall, shadowy creature. It stood on two partially bent legs and had massive arms, with fingers as long as I am tall. The more I stared at it the more frightful I became of it.

"An Abhorian?", Melissa hissed as she pointed at Christina, "Can't your kind ever kill something dead?"

"This is different.", I could hear the surprise in Christina's voice as she stuttered, "I thought we had."

I didn't take my eyes off the creature that stood in the doorway studying us silently.

"I hate to interrupt your obvious surprise, but I don't know what this thing is."

"An Abhorian is a lower beast that feeds on fear. It's commo-"

"Oh, shut up!", Melissa interrupted Christina, "It's the monster in the closet, under the bed, in the dark, et cetera. The more you look at it, the more it fills you with fear. They don't usually become strong enough to be physical. I guess the door is doing something to it."

Christina gave Melissa a dirty look and then slid Andrew's sword over to me, "Just, don't look at it and you'll be fine."

The beast let out a roar and charged.

No comments:

Post a Comment