Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

167: CRUNCH -Christina-

I swiftly jumped out of the way to avoid his attack. His blade smashed into the floor where I'd been standing. I recognized the workmanship of the blade as something from the Other Lands. That's why it'd cut so deep.

I felt blood trickle down my chin as I tried to remember my training from so long ago.

"Never defend with defense.", the words of my instructor came to me easier than I'd imagined, "The worst thing you could do if injured is act like it."

I approached him from the side, the pain in my chest making it difficult to breathe. I swung my fist only to find it easily deflected. He retaliated by a side swing with the blade that, if I hadn't ducked, would have cleanly taken my head off.

I grabbed his sword arm and my knee found his groin with sickeningly sweet crunch, causing an soundless scream of pain to escape his lips. He fell to the ground and I snatched up his weapon. I raised it above my head to deal the final blow closing my eyes to avoid the sight of blood.

What I saw stopped me cold. Something I hadn't seen in years was wriggling around his body like vines on stone. Mardockt's tendrils.

"What are you doing?! Just swing down and end it!" It was that annoying bear.

I tossed the sword to the side and knelt to take a closer look. I wasn't mistaken, these were Mardockt's.

"Are you insane?! He's going to kill us all because of your stupid mercy!"

"I have no mercy." I glanced at the bear, "If I kill him he'll just come back. We need to tie him up. Do you have rope?"

"DO I LOOK LIKE I HAVE ROPE YOU CRAZY-"

"Shut up and find her rope you stupid bear." The man who had defended me earlier was awake. He stood and walked over to me, "My name's Carl, that retard is Vincent. I get the feeling we aren't enemies, so I want you to tell me what's going on."

"FINE! I'll just go find rope then!", the bear wandered off.

I stood and looked at Carl, and the door, and finally the fairy, "How are you alive? I thought we'd killed you all."

She stuck her tongue at me and turned away.

"My name's Christina. Why is the door in close proximity of humans?"

Carl opened his mouth to answer but was interrupted by the bear known as Vincent rushing into the room, carrying a bundle of rope over his shoulder.

"Guys? We have a problem. Something seriously weird is going on. There are all sorts of nastiness in this place."

"We'll take care of them in a second." Carl waved his hand.

"No, I mean, one of the bigger ones followed me."

And that's when the door behind him exploded.

No comments:

Post a Comment