Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Friday, February 11, 2011

Entry 161: Voices Of The Dead Revived -Carl-

"You're a worthless son. Come over here so I can kick your genes straight!"

My Father’s voice caught me by surprise. I faltered with my attack and was knocked to the ground by a lucky piece of ham. I rolled away from an attack and glanced around quickly. He wasn't here.

"Sometimes, you just make me want to kill myself rather than deal with the shame of having you as a son."

I shook my head. Why was I remembering this now? It sounded like he was in the room, his voice even echoed off the walls. Melissa's ear moved slightly and she glanced around.

"Qaliphus? Qaliphus, I didn't mean it!", she flitted around the room, a look of confusion on her face, "I wouldn't have ever found someone else! You are my only true partner forever!"

Even the hams had stopped fighting. They stepped back, eventually fading in to the darkness again. My body was exhausted from fighting the constant onslaught of those unusual creatures. Melissa's wails for forgiveness flooded the room as she cried out for a person only she could hear. Light flooded the room as the symbols along the door lit up one by one.

"You think you're tough? If you were tough then you'd know where your brother was. If you were strong you wouldn't be tired from fighting. Worthless. Shit on the bottom of my shoe. I should have punched your Mom while you were growing inside!"

My Father’s words hit me like a punch, pulling what little energy I had left away from me. I fell to my knee as the door glowed brighter.

"Qaliphus . . . you are wrong. The parents; those horrible, horrible parents!", Melissa flew straight in to a wall in her dismay.

Christina pulled her self to her feet and by the look in her eyes I could tell she was trying to ignore a voice. The influence of that voice made it difficult for her to stand. She leaned against one of the exhibits, her breath heavy and her eyes brimming with tears.

"Can't protect anyone! Even your brother left!"

“Qaliphus . . . no . . . ", Melissa cried weakly, "I didn't tell them. It wasn't me. I'm yours for always."

The only person not affected was Vincent. He was dropped by the ham as they left and now was watching us as we reacted to something he could neither hear or see.

"I'm sorry!!!!", Christina yelled at the top of her lungs and then fell to the ground in a heap of tears, "I couldn't stop it! I tried. I didn't climb fast enough!"

"Vincent, your friends . . . they seem to be in pain. Could something be bothering them?"

The light from the door faded and standing only a few feet away was Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment