Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Flashback 128: Washington & Merczel -Carl-

The branches bit against my cheek as I ran through the bramble behind my home, but in my anger I didn't notice. She shouldn't have done this. It had to have been her, it was no accident that the fridge fell on our Father. Not that I cared about my Father, but she wasn't supposed to do anything for me anymore. She promised.

Bursting in to a small clearing, I came face to face with the most probable cause of my Father’s death. The Fae, Merczel.

Her long ears perked up and she turned. Her body was the darkest black with a hint of purple and her wings were bigger than her body, and shined a deep blue. She moved with much less grace than you'd expect from a faerie, and she gave me a scrunched face as I approached.

"Smile you big meanie-head. You're ruining the mood.", she floated up in to the air and stared at me.

"I told you to stay out of our lives when we first moved here!" I admit, I wasn't very nice.

She laughed a little and flew over to sit on a leaf. Her lightweight body barely made the leaf move as she landed.

"It's not like you needed him around anyway, all he did was beat you."

"That's not the point! You killed someone! This is just like last time, when you gave our Father a gimp leg for a month; he couldn't work so he beat us for weeks! You just have to take it too far and now someone’s dead!"

She was very silent and didn't have a smile on her face.

"It was an accident. I was just supposed to hurt him."

"You weren't supposed to be there!"

To my surprise she looked at me and smiled, "I had no choice.", she giggled, "My newest charge told me a friend of his needed help. He told me to do something about it, so I did. Seeing that he's gone I think I did well."

"You did very, very well." The voice came from the bushes ahead and out of them stepped someone who I'd only seen a couple of times in school. Joshua Washington. Being two years younger than me, he was shorter. He had a mulatto complexion and looked to be average weight.

"Josh. You told her to kill my Dad?"

"No. I told her to stop your Dad from hurting you." Josh glanced at Fae, who flew over and landed on his shoulder. She leaned over and gave him a peck on his cheek.

"Josh, you don't know what she's capable of. She's dangerous. Just tell her to go away before she does worse."

Out of sight of Josh, The Fae Merczel looked at me and bared her tiny sharp teeth at me.

"I can control her. She won't do that again.", he glanced at the Fae and she quickly smiled and nodded, "I can control her."

"So, you know her first name then?"

Josh gave her a sheepish smile and then looked back at me, "Soon she'll tell me."

"You won't control her until you know her first name. Faes are controlled by their first name and nothing else. I'm willing to bet she killed him on purpose."

Josh scoffed at me, "Why can't you just be happy that you won't be beaten anymore?"

"Because she's killed someone.", I took a step toward him.

"She didn't mean to. She won't do that again."

"No you need to listen to me, her name is Mel-"

I woke up two hours later alone in the small clearing. On the ground was a small note in small writing that read:

"Don't worry. We won't be coming back here to bother you. We’re going to explore the world and see amazing things together! I'm sorry I had to knock you out, but I can't have him knowing my name; he's very important in my plans. I'm sure we'll run in to each other again. If you ever need my help, you know how to get it.
Sincerely, the Fae Merczel.
P.S. If you screw up my plans, I'll kill you dead."

I haven't seen them since.

No comments:

Post a Comment