Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Friday, August 27, 2010

129: A Sign Of The Past -Carl-

"Shit!", the voice on the other side of the cockpit door was full of panic, "It's not supposed to happen yet."

Nick sat on the floor nearby, his eyes closed, full concentration on the spell he was working on. On the other side of that door, two dead bodies and a very scared man felt the plane tip downward. Now all we had to do was wait for the man to come outside.

A voice came over the loudspeaker instead, "Well, I'm sorry to tell you but we are going to be landing long before schedule. Your deaths were supposed to be for something important, they were supposed to save the lives of millions. With out the pilots I can't figure out how to keep this plane in the air, so while we spend our last moments together, I'll tell you why I'm here.”

"I used to push papers for a living and I had a beautiful family. Then we had a visitor, a man with a small faerie doll. The doll was made with expert craftsmanship, and my daughter fell in love with it instantly. So we bought it for her from the man who sold it to us for a very small price. I will never forget coming home from work that day."

I felt my body stiffen as I realized what I was hearing. There was no way it was them; no way.

"From down the street I could see the lights of the police and medical vehicles. The police say there was an accidental gas leak and the house exploded, but I know otherwise.”

"I was put up in a hotel and that night I got a phone call. It was the man that stopped by my house. What he said was that he hoped I'd learned my lesson. He said that maybe the next time I'd pay more attention to my children. He said neglecting to give them attention had made me homeless and with out family. Then he hung up."

I felt a sinking feeling in my gut. The Fae Merczel and Josh were still out there, and by the sounds of it they were still doing things the same way.

"So I searched, and after 2 years I'd found them. They live in a building in New York. The same building that this plane was headed for, but as you by now have realized, this plane is going down now."

The cockpit door opened and I swung my foot out, catching the man in the chin. He fell in to a crumpled heap on top of the bodies of the pilots. I stepped inside and felt the world tip downward. Nick was still working his magic because he didn't know it was over.

"Hey, Ben?"

Ben looked around the corner, "Yeah?"

"So, we make the guy come out. Right?"

"Yeah."

"Then, I knock him out, disarm him, and take the cockpit?"

"Sounds about right."

"Okay, then what?"

"Well, then we land it . . .", Ben's face went pale-white, "Oh."

No comments:

Post a Comment