Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Entry 96: Needle in a Hay Stack -Jay-

I'm Banks. My feet hit the floor and I silently make my way toward the stairwell like a double-o spy. James Banks.

It didn't take me long to find this place, and it certainly didn't seem like the kind of place you'd find one of the most powerful people alive. I had done some checking on Nick and knew the kinds of power he supposedly controlled. Controlling souls, casting massive illus ional-distraction spells; Nick had done it all. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. What this guy could do to me.

I slowly made my way in to the hallway of Nick’s room and smiled as I approached. I don't know why I was able to get this close, but I was damn lucky he hadn't flash-fried me when I walked in the door to the old folks home. The light from the moon from behind me splayed my shadow across Nick’s door. My hand gripped the handle of my new pistol and I opened the door.

The room was completely empty besides for some candles and dust on the floor. He was somewhere else. Some where in this building. I groaned as I thought about the five floors, 200 rooms each and two wings of equal size that he could be hiding in. He could have escaped but I doubt it. He's been here a very long time and I'm sure he wants to keep everyone safe.

Finding him would be like searching for a needles in a hay stack. A needle that could turn me into little, itty-bitty pieces of human flesh in seconds.

Oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment