Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Entry 45: Not strong enough -Carl-

Luck. That's the only thing that got me out of that room. My brute strength was nothing compared to that spirit. It threw me around like a rag doll and then beat me into submission. I was not strong enough, but I'm working on that. I've been training non-stop and, while it is making me a little testy, I will have the strength to protect them next time.

I think it's time that I told you what happened to Alex.

It was our first case, not that we knew it at the time. Our friend Alex was having dreams about something called Moloch. Eventually we found out that it was a beast once worshipped as a sun God. With a little research and some asking around, we found that Moloch was going to sacrifice the entire town to get his strength back. While I was trying to get people out of the town, John and Alex were planning something completely different; an assault. They were set on stopping this creature from taking so many lives. I tried to talk them out of it, but in the end I went so that I could possibly get one of them out alive. It was down to the wire and everything looked grim. Then Alex realized the secret to destroying the beast and gave his life to do so. John tried to help him. I knew the score though; if he'd helped Alex, everything would be lost. I held him back. I endured his screams and punches while Alex burned away in to nothing. God, I can still remember the screams. Alex cried for help, and I held John back.

Since then a gap has opened between my brother and I, because of what I did. I think John understands why I did it but it still hurts. We decided to go out looking for things like Moloch and destroy every last one of them because of Alex. We'll make them all cinders so that no one else will ever have to go through what we went through.

Being with out a case gives me time to train. I've spent most of my time outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment