Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Thursday, July 22, 2010

123: Bob -Ben-

A plan falling in to place is so exhilarating that sometimes it takes the opposing force to do just the thing that reveals the true depth of the situation, and humbles you in seconds. After Carl's big display on the radio, I could tell that who ever was on the other line was pissed. I knew he would retaliate but I guess I didn't understand in what way. I should have realized.

The loud speaker made a beep, "I apologize passengers, but someone made a huge mistake and has decided that he was going to kill a very large amount of innocent people. I'm willing to give you all another chance, but I first must STAMP out these rebels so that it doesn't happen again. So, I'd like you to meet someone."

A shuffling over the loudspeaker and a different voice came on the line, "H-Hello?"

"Tell them who you are."

"Hi, my name is Bob Koontz and I'm your captain."

"Not just that Bob, tell them more. Any kids, Bob?'

Bob's voice stuttered, "I have 4 children, all of them under twelve. I have 3 girls and a boy."

"COME ON BOB! You need to tell them more. I WANT THEM TO KNOW YOU!"

"Just last week my youngest was born. I haven't even seen her yet. This flight was a homeward flight so that I could see her for the fir-"

A loud bang flooded the plane causing everyone to jump. Several people started crying and Carl went completely pale.

"Do you understand yet? I'm a very serious man, and while I don't like to ruin my shoes, I'm willing to do what ever it takes to ensure that my mission is carried out. I hope the rebels understand and stop their useless actions, but in case they didn't get the picture the first time . . ."

More shuffling, and the sound of sobbing came over the speaker.

"Tell them who you are . . ."

No sound except louder sobbing.

"I SAID TELL THEM WHO YOU ARE!"

A voice quaking with fear and barely keeping itself together through sobs came over the line.

"Hello. My name is Jim Salec and I'm your co-pil-"

BANG!

No comments:

Post a Comment