Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Monday, April 19, 2010

Entry 101: Proposition -John-

"My name is Patrick Bernauw. I assure you, I am here with the best of intentions. Why don't we sit down and talk?"

Yeah, like I'm going to be tricked by this idiot.

"Okay, let's do that."

We made our way in to the waiting room. The room was completely empty, yet the television was on and blaring away at an unreasonable volume. Patrick turned the volume down quickly and then sat across the room from me. For a few moments we stared at each other, as if judging the other’s strength. What I saw in Patrick was a staggering confidence, like he could say anything around me and make it out of this room with out a scratch. Something I doubted very much. His movements were very practiced and planned to the littlest detail to prove his superiority to me. He wanted me to understand that here in this room, he was the boss.

"So you've been getting my letters?"

"You're P.B.? Right; Patrick Bernauw. Why didn't I see that before?", I spoke politely and calmly.

"So are you interested? I hate to say it but it's a one time offer. After today, if you refuse, then I won't ask you again. Your friend Jay will be the only one working toward the noble goal of bringing your friend back." He smiled a hideously, manipulative smile and leaned back, glancing at the television.

"Why did you sign Jay out? How did you sign him out?"

"How? Money. Why? Well, I needed someone to head the offensive leg of my new division. He seemed to show some real initiative and wasn't afraid to get his hands dirty. I felt those qualities were what I needed so I also made him a one time offer. He took it."

So Jay is working for this guy now? Interesting. Jay isn't stupid. Maybe this guy really does have the way to bring Alex back. If he does, I definitely want to be a part of that. Something seemed wrong though. He was waiting for me here, as if he knew I was going to come.

"How did you know that I was going to be here?"

"I didn't.", his face wore that smile again, like he knew too much. His eyes flashed with a confident glare and he laughed, "I knew that eventually one of you would come and I was prepared to give the offer to any of them."

"Including Crystal?", she was the newest person to join our group and I didn't think this guy knew about her.

His face momentarily had a look of surprise, but was almost immediately pulled back in to that confident smile.

"I'm not exactly sure who you're talking about but I assure you, who ever walked through that door would have been offered this job."

"So what would I be doing?"

"Leading."

No comments:

Post a Comment