Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Entry 100: Make Your Place. -Saba-

Crystal's victory was short lived. Her smack only pulled an uncontrollable anger from deep within the other-me. The look of surprise was replaced with deep and seething hatred. Crystal's body was lifted in to the air by an unseen force and I could hear the sound of her bones popping out of place over her screams. Part of me was excited by the sound but some deeper, more hidden me, was in agony.

My head roared with pain as the world slowly lost its color. I hadn't eaten much but that didn't stop my stomach contents from finding their way on to the ground in front of me. The pain was excruciating, almost as though my body and mind was being torn apart from the inside out.

"You impossible wretch!", other-me’s fury could be felt in her voice. "You think you can hurt me?! You think you're better than me?! Who do you think you are?! LEARN YOUR PLACE BEFORE YOU DIE!"

Crystal's screams got louder.

"Do you like the feeling of your bones being yanked from their sockets?! Does it feel good to you??!! Young lady, you chose the wrong fight to stay for! MUAHAAHAHAHA! Did you feel that?! That was your collar bone! I wonder what will come next?! Maybe a rib!"

I hate them both. I hate them completely, although Crystal's growing on me like a wart. Ben doesn't hate her. Ben cares about all of his friends, including this girl. If she died Ben would be sad. I won't let Ben be sad. NO! The pain in my head subsided as I pulled myself to my feet.

I ran toward the meanie-me, determined to save Crystal from her inevitable fate. I had no weapons. I had no fighting experience. I was still doing it. The invisible force hit me like a train. The world spun as I was thrown back through the air. My dazed body only briefly felt the branch smash through my chest as I was pinned to a tree before blacking out.

I'd finally learned my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment