Writer: Timothy Dumont Jr.
Co-writer: Crystal Ferguson

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Flashback Entry 87: Against My MO -Vincent-

The straps tightened around my arms, legs, and head. I couldn't move from my seat and even if I did, there were two heavily armed guards just waiting for a reason to take me down. I wouldn't though. I deserved this.

I couldn't hear exactly what the priest was saying, but that's probably because the warden paid him to mumble. The warden knows how religious I am. Maybe I shouldn't have let my fist rid him of his front teeth on my first day here.

Finally I heard the words, "Vincent Smith, I hereby sentence you to death for mass murder of Lily Smith, Denise Smith, George Smith, and Andrew Berthiaume."

The name filled my body with pain at the memory. It wasn't as painful as the thousands of volts of electricity that went scorching through me next. As my brain melted, everything went black. I felt as though I was floating in space.

It was a surprise; I was expecting the flames of Hell.

"Vincent Smith. You were wrong." Oh, how I hate voices from nowhere. Luckily the voice was matched to a young man floating nearby. He was wearing a suit and smiling. I instantly hated him.

"I was wrong?"

"You spent your entire life believing that there is a God when there isn't. I hate to be the one to tell you."

"Then who are you?"

"I am a morality agent. My name is Nick Brown."

"What's a morality agent?"

"I'm the person who decides whether you deserve a second chance. You, are lucky enough to have earned it."

"I've earned nothing. Do you know what I did? I killed my family and a friend. I killed them with my bare hands. I killed them INTENTIONALLY. I watched them take their last breaths. Even if God isn't real, I'm sure who ever runs this place thinks that I deserve to burn for all eternity."

"That is why you'll have to earn back your life."

"How do I do that?"

"You'll be sent back in a temporary vessel to protect someone. When you've done enough, I'll return you to your former body."

"Do I have a choice?" I didn't want redemption. I didn't deserve to be saved. It was my fault that I was even here.

"If you choose not to do this, I will send you back to when you did that awful deed, and make you watch it over and over again. I'm not going to ask twice."

"FINE! But this is completely against my MO.", I was furious. This little jerk had spit my beliefs at me and is keeping me from my punishment. I don't deserve a second chance.

"Good."

My body began to move rapidly toward a bright light. In the middle of which sat a young child. I felt my body merge with hers and the pain was unbearable.

To my left I heard that annoying voice again, "Great Father Salarcthus, capture this soul within the ritualistic vessel!"

I saw the girl disappear and a teddy bear take her place, "AWW FU-!"





No comments:

Post a Comment